All new undergraduate students are required to attend New Student Convocation. This is an opportunity for incoming students to come together for your first official University event!
Where do I go?
- Head to the Barnhardt Student Activity Center on Sunday, Aug. 20.
- Doors open at 1 p.m. and the event will begin at 2 p.m.
- After Convocation, stay on campus for the Student Organization Showcase and RecFest! Visit goldrush.charlotte.edu for event details.
What do I wear?
- New students will pick up a t-shirt at the Barnhardt Student Activity Center on Sunday, Aug. 20, beginning at 1 p.m.
- If you need to miss the event, t-shirts will be available for pick-up during the first week of classes.
- Wear a Charlotte shirt, dress casually and wear comfortable shoes.
- Just as graduation marks the completion of a course of study, New Student Convocation marks the beginning of the new students’ academic journey at Charlotte.
- New Student Convocation is attended by faculty and students to officially welcome and induct new undergraduate students into Niner Nation.
- During the event, you will learn about Charlotte’s history, mission and values, and hear from University leaders and alumni.
Transportation and Parking
- If you live on campus, we encourage you to walk to the Student Activity Center with other new students in your hall!
- You can also ride the Light Rail for free using your 49er ID Card.
- If you’re planning to drive to campus, we recommend parking in West Deck or Union Deck.
- To learn more about UNC Charlotte parking permits and visitor parking rates, visit pats.charlotte.edu.
Disability Access Accommodation Requests
- Students with disabilities who need accommodations to participate in the Day of Convocation should contact Katie Montie, ADA Project Coordinator, in the Office of Disability Services at KatieMontie@charlotte.edu or 704-687-0043.
- Early requests are encouraged, two weeks will generally allow us time to provide seamless access.