All new undergraduate students are required to attend New Student Convocation. This is an opportunity for incoming students to come together for your first official university event!
What do I wear?
- New students will pick up a t-shirt at the football stadium on Sunday, August 22 from 5:00pm - 5:50pm.
- If you miss the event you may pick up your t-shirt Monday after 1:00 p.m. at the UCAE office in Colvard 2300.
- On Sunday, wear your shirt, dress casually, and wear comfortable shoes.
- Masks are encouraged but not required.
Where do I go?
- Report to Jerry Richardson Football Stadium at 5:00 pm to pick up your t-shirt. The ceremony will begin at 6:00 p.m. For your safety, metal detectors, clear bag policy and bag checks will be conducted at entry points of the stadium. Please review the Jerry Richardson Stadium policy for prohibited items and activities.
What do I do?
- Wear your New Student Convocation t-shirt and show up on time!
- The New Student Convocation Ceremony is attended by faculty and students to officially welcome and induct new undergraduate students into the UNC Charlotte community of learners.
- Doors open at 5:00 pm. The ceremony will be held from 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
- During the ceremony, you will learn about UNC Charlotte’s history, mission, values, and academic expectations.
- Just as graduation marks the completion of a course of study, New Student Convocation marks the beginning of the new students’ academic journey at UNC Charlotte.
Download Niner Destination
- For a dynamic schedule of events, download Niner DestiNation. In this app, add the Gold Rush & Year One Launch guide for a full schedule of events during the first month of the Fall 2021 semester including New Student Convocation!
- You can search the guide at the top and no passphrase is required. In the guide, you can sort the schedule by a variety of topics, events, and even academic colleges, as well as add events to your schedule and set reminders.
- To find information on events hosted by your academic college, click on Academic Colleges, select your college, and all their events will be included there.
- Event information will be available in mid-August 2021.
Disability Access Accommodation Requests
- Students with disabilities who need accommodations to participate in the Day of Convocation should contact Katie Montie, ADA Project Coordinator, in the Office of Disability Services at KatieMontie@uncc.edu or 704-687-0043.
- Early requests are encouraged, two weeks will generally allow us time to provide seamless access.